The Roundhill Ball Metaverse UCITS ETF is designed to offer investors exposure to the Metaverse by providing investment results that closely correspond, before fees and expenses, to the performance of the Ball Metaverse Index.
The "Metaverse" may be defined as a successor to the current internet that will be interoperable, persistent, synchronous, open to unlimited participants with a fully functioning economy, and an experience that spans the virtual and 'real' world.
The Ball Metaverse Index is the first index globally designed to track the performance of the Metaverse. The Index consists of a tiered weight portfolio of globally-listed companies who are actively involved in the Metaverse. This classification includes:
- Compute: companies enabling and supply of computing power to support the Metaverse
- Networking: companies providing real-time connections, high bandwidth, and data services to consumers
- Virtual Platforms: companies developing and operating immersive digital and often three-dimensional simulations, environments and worlds wherein users and businesses can explore, create, socialize and participate in a wide variety of experiences.
- Interchange Standards: companies building tools, protocols, formats, services, and engines which serve as actual or de facto standards for interoperability, and enable the creation, operation and ongoing improvements to the Metaverse.
- Payments: The support of digital payment processes and operations, which includes fiat on-ramps to pure-play digital currencies and financial services.
- Content, Assets, and Identity Services: The design/creation, sale, re-sale, storage, secure protection and financial management of digital assets, such as virtual goods and currencies, as connected to user data and identity.
- Hardware: The sale and support of physical technologies and devices used to access, interact with or develop the Metaverse.
Metaverse Sector Highlights:
- ARK Research estimates revenue from virtual worlds could approach $400 billion by 2025 (corresponds to Ball Metaverse Virtual Platform and Content categories).
- Bloomberg Intelligence believes the market opportunity for the Metaverse can reach $800 billion by 2024 (excludes Ball Metaverse Hardware, Networking, Compute, and Payments categories).
- Citi estimates a $8 to 13 trillion total addressable market for the Metaverse by 2030, including 5 billion unique users. Citi research calls for 900 million to 1 billion VR/AR users by 2030.
1Credit Suisse; 2,3Citi